About

This blog is all about me trying out things and hopefully getting you to try out some things too! There will be a lot of DIY, websites to try, recipes, and more! If you would like me to try out anything please let me know!

Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Now its time for window and mirror cleaning! How fun!


So to go with the cleaning theme that I started with the last post I decided to show you my dirty mirror. I figured I already showed you my dirty tub so why not! I'm not sure if you can see it well in this picture but here it is! It has a ton of toothpaste spatters. We like to get close and personal while brushing our teeth:


Yes, I take my pics with my tablet. Lol I love that thing! Okay so now I want to tell you how I easily clean my mirrors and windows. I use rubbing alcohol and a coffee filter. That's it! Its cheaper and it leaves no streaks on your window! Plus doing it my way you would know exactly what you are using. So lets compare the price: It can be up to $5 for windex, for rubbing alcohol I have found it for $1.45. What I do is I just put it right on the coffee filter and use it to clean it window. You could also put it in a spray bottle but the way I do it works for me:


Now here is a lovely picture of me cleaning my window. Don't mind the swollen hands. I do miss my wedding rings though!                                                                                                                            


Seriously, start cleaning windows with coffee filters and you wont go back! The alcohol smells, well, like rubbing alcohol. I'm pregnant and it doesn't really bother me but again I am used to that smell from when I did medical assisting. The smell goes away immediately too. I used one coffee filter to clean this mirror. It is about a foot long by maybe a foot and a half tall. I can't find my measuring tape so that is not an exact measurement. More like an I'm a girl and really bad at measuring, estimate. Needless to say its a small mirror. Here is the finished product. No streaks and all shiny!



My husband and I got a Keurig from my father-in-law for our wedding and had a ton of coffee filters left so now they are going to something useful, plus coffee filters are cheap! Another tip for coffee filters is to use them as paper towels on your stainless steel appliances. I used to do this as a teenager when I worked at McDonalds and it makes them shine! There ya go, now you have something new to try! :-)



No comments:

Post a Comment