About

This blog is all about me trying out things and hopefully getting you to try out some things too! There will be a lot of DIY, websites to try, recipes, and more! If you would like me to try out anything please let me know!

Friday, December 12, 2014

DIY Dollar Store Fairy Costume

Okay, so I wanted to post this for Halloween. I may or may not be a couple months late doing this. Ooops sorry I have had a lot going on these past couple months but better late than never right? For Halloween I had Bridgette's costume taken care of and we got Eli's costume while he was still in my tummy. Thank you Babies-R-Us and your awesome sales! Emelia's I slacked on. Two out of three kids is okay right? That's more than 50%! Just kidding, kind of. We had a trunk or treat planned at our church and that day is when I was like "oh Emelia still needs a costume!" I do my best work under pressure and when I procrastinate so this is what I came up with.

Emelia had a beautiful dress that was ivory that my MIL bought for her to wear and she wears it to church. I saw it and thought that would make a beautiful dress to be a fall fairy with. After coming to that conclusion I decided to go to the dollar store and see what I could find. This is what I got:






I spent $4.24 at the dollar store and got these 4 items. Keep in mind I already had the cute little dress I just needed the fairy accessories. I started out with the crown. I took off the fuzzy purple bottom part so it looked like this:




After that I slowly started to pick apart the fall looking flower bunch I got and started to hot glue it to the crown:




I kept on just adding and adding flowers until it was to my liking. This is what my finished crown looked like:



After the crown I decided to work on the fairy wand. It was mostly to my liking already but I wanted to add the pretty fall flowers to it too. I started out by pulling apart a couple flowers:




Then after that I started to hot glue them to the middle of the wand until it was to my liking then I added it some little flowers to the hanging ribbon until I really liked how it looked:




After that I decided to make the wings. This is all easy but to me the wings were the easiest to do. I just took some flowers and put them in the middle of the wings like this: 




Then to add a little pizzazz I added more flowers to the upper wings:




There you have it! That's all I needed to make a cute little fairy costume. This is what it looked like before I put it on my little Emelia:




I loved the way it turned out and I kept on getting compliments on how cute it looked on her. Plus I had my little dragon that the little fairy went perfectly with. Here is a pic of us on Halloween. Don't judge I have no make-up on:

 


If you are a procrastinator like I am or if you just want an easy affordable fairy Halloween costume for your little girl, well try this out. 






No comments:

Post a Comment