About

This blog is all about me trying out things and hopefully getting you to try out some things too! There will be a lot of DIY, websites to try, recipes, and more! If you would like me to try out anything please let me know!

Saturday, June 14, 2014

Easy Peasy Pumpkin Muffins

Hello friends! This week has been crazy! In between my oldest being done with kindergarten, doctors appointments, and just plain crazy kids, I haven't had any time to do anything! I thought today I would post my first recipe. I will be posting recipes every now and again. Now, I should mention that I am a horrible cook! I mean it! Half the stuff I make is barely edible. I am an okayish baker. I enjoy baking so maybe that's why a little bit more than half of the stuff I make turns out. Today I am going to post about muffins, pumpkin muffins to be exact. I know right now is not the time to be posting about pumpkin being as its summer and not fall. I really wanted pumpkin muffins this morning though so I thought I would kill two birds with one stone and post about my pumpkin muffins while eating one! You are just going to have to keep this in mind for those fall days, or you can just be crazy like me and make them right now!


I made these muffins for my daughters kindergarten Halloween party. Without the coconut oil though I just started to add that. I got the original recipe off of the food.com website. I figured that sounded easy enough to make so I tried it out and did a trial run. My family ate all the muffins in one setting! They were so good! I also added icing to the top of them because I needed that little bit of extra sweetness. So let me tell you how to make them and hopefully you will love them as much as my family does! 

  • 1 15oz can 100% pure pumpkin
  • 1 box of spice cake mix
  • 2 teaspoons of coconut oil
  1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. 
  2. Mix in the pumpkin to the spice cake mix using an electric mixer. Make sure that it is well blended. 
  3. Add in the teaspoons of coconut oil. Blend in with electric mixer until you cannot see any of the coconut oil. 
  4. Spray the liners with nonstick cooking spray. You can also just spray the pan if you don't have/want to use liners. 
  5. Put the mix into the muffin liners/pan. I used a regular old kitchen spoon and used about a spoonful for each muffin. This is not like regular mix. It is super thick and stays together.
  6. I baked mine for 18 minutes and it was perfect but you can bake for 18-22 minutes. A toothpick when inserted should come out clean when done.
Makes about 20 cupcakes.

Easy huh? I love how simple and easy this recipe is! Mine comes out super moist. It is not like a regular muffin by how it tastes. It is kind of gooey? I don't know if that's the right word for it. It kind of reminds me of a thicker more cake-like pumpkin pie, if that makes sense. All I know is when I make them my husband and I have at least 5 each because they are that good. This is what the batter looks like after I mix everything together:


I already made my first batch, then I took this picture. If you can see the batter is super thick. I added the virgin unrefined coconut oil to mine. The stuff that still smells like coconut. I figured it would be okay because the spice cake mix was a really powerful flavor. They do make a refined coconut oil that does not have the smell or taste of coconuts or you can not add it in or none at all. Your choice! I made a glaze for ours this morning by taking powdered sugar and adding milk to it until it was my desired consistency. I have also made a thicker icing just adding more powdered sugar. I made that for my daughters Halloween party so I can make spider webs and use little raisins as the spiders. Not to pat myself on the back or anything but I thought that was the cutest thing ever. You can also add raisins to the mix and it taste awesome!I know that you are just dying to see the finished product so here it is:


I'm telling you, if you're a fan of pumpkin you are going to love these! I know I do! I think I am going to go and get my 6th one now. Try it out, then tell me how much you looooovvvveee them. :-)






No comments:

Post a Comment